Hake on Papillote: presentation
The hake in Papillote is a very light and very healthy way to eat fish. Papillote is a way of steaming in the oven. The fish is enclosed in a packet or aluminum foil or paper and the cooking is done with the own fish juices and vegetables used. It is a very simple recipe and is prepared in a short time.
Although I used aluminum, you can also prepare it using a baking paper and you can even take it to the table and serve it with the same paper. You will see which richest flavor and which tender fish you get with this type of cooking
- For 1 person
- 1 fillet of hake
- 1 squid
- 6 prawns
- A handful of peas
- 1 potato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
Hake on curlpaper: recipe preparation
- – Turn the oven to 250º C with heat up and down.
- Cut the squid into slices. If you use squid, when you are smaller you choose whether to cut them or the whole kitchens.
- Place a sheet of foil on the work surface. In the center pour a floss of extra virgin olive oil so that the potatoes do not stick.
- – Distribute the peeled and cut potatoes in slices of half a centimeter in the center of the aluminum paper. Add the rolled garlic and a little salt.
- – Place the hake, squid, prawns and peas on top. I have used them frozen and without thawing previously, but fresh, surely much better. Add the corresponding salt.
- – Place another sheet of aluminum foil over your preparation, matching the edges. Fold each edge so that it is completely sealed the curlpaper and pressing well all the folds. I’ll tell you in the pictures and the video.
- – Place the curlpaper in the oven, which you have preheated. You can use a tray as I have done or put it directly on the oven tray. Let it cook until the curlpaper swells and that will indicate that your hake in curlpaper is completely ready.
- – Cut aluminum foil (eye that burns) and remove the fish to stamp. Water with the juice and sprinkle with a little chopped parsley. Serve it hot.
If you prepare more rations it is best to prepare it in one or two servings.